The Ringo Family

The Ringo Family

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Issac's Doc. Appt

Well, Isaac is now 8 weeks old. He had a well-baby check up on Thursday (Oct. 14th). He weighs 9lbs. 14 oz., and is now 21 1/2 in. long! The doctor said his growth charts are normal, and he is looking great! :) What better news could I get???

He's even started sleeping through the night!!! It's kinda crazy! I wasn't expecting it, and at first wondered if maybe he was sick or something. But he's kept it up, and is not sick...so I'm not going to complain! :)

Sadly, at this doctor's appointment, Isaac also had to get some immunizations. I hate doing that...but whatcha gonna do? He had to get three shots and some drops administered. I held his little legs still while two nurses poked him at the same time (one in each leg). It was so sad to watch his little face go from SO HAPPY and content, to suddenly saying "ouch", and wondering why we were doing that to him. I just wanted to pick him up and snuggle him right away...but they still had to give him one more. Once they were through giving the shots and had put little band-aids on I picked him up and just snuggled him close. He was still crying, but it was a calmer cry, and he stopped crying pretty quickly! I was very proud of him, because he calmed himself down so fast. Of course he cried, but he didn't scream too much. I thought he did really well! I hope it goes that well next time he has to get pricked, too.

I have since taken a few more videos of Isaac. He's so much more interactive now! It's insane!Here's a new one of him...





Other than that, not much is new...I still stay at home with Isaac, and Bryan still spends most of his days at school or work. I enjoy the little time I do get with him on weekends. The rest of the week when I don't get to see him, I spend some time with my sister, Chanel (since she's here in Rexburg going to school) and at a few meetings for my church calling. Overall, life is enjoyable! Hard at times, but when is it not?

Bryan and I got to go to Ward Choir today! Gosh, I've missed that...and my singing voice has gotten a little weaker. :( But now that choir practice is before church instead of after, we can actually go again! I'm hoping to build my voice back up. I love to sing, and I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until today.

I'm so excited that the Holiday season is coming up! I can't wait to spend time with family from both sides. That's the best part! I especially can't wait for Isaac to be able to meet his Aunt and Grandparents on Bryan's side!!! I'm so glad they're going to visit this season.

Well, that's all for today! To be continued... :)

No comments: