The Ringo Family

The Ringo Family

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Let's get started!






Well, here we go! Sorry I haven't updated this before now. Bryan has had this blog since before we even met, but neither of us have posted anything since then! I will try to keep up with it as much as possible. But I've never had a blog before, so this will be a new experience for me. Just so you are aware, Bryan will be adding posts that are part of an assignment he has for his Doctrine & Covenants class (in fact, he's already started). So if you were wondering what those were about, now you know!
Let's start with brief introductions. Bryan and I have been married for 1 year and 3 months now! Time sure flies... And we also have a 5-week old son, Isaac. Bryan is a Music Major at Brigham Young University-Idaho. He is also working a full-time job at a gas station, and a part-time job on campus at the Property Office. (Honestly, I don't know how he does it all...he's AMAZING! That's all I can say. ^_^) I am currently a stay-at-home mom, and taking some classes at BYU-Idaho while we are here.

Bryan and I met here at BYU-I soon after he got home from his mission in the Phillipines. We met through his mom & my aunt (they were best friends for a long time). We started dating a few days after we met in December of 2008, got engaged on April 11th 2009, and were married on June 13th in that same year.



Our new baby, Isaac, is the light of our world! He was born on August 19th, 2010. He weighed 6 lbs. 5 oz., and was 19.5 inches long. I'm still getting used to life as a mother. It is strange to not be able to just run out of the house really quick to do something. Every outing takes planning and time to put together properly. But I'm getting used to it! And let's just say, he's worth the work!!! Slowly but surely I'll learn how to make the most of the time I have every day. For now, it's mostly trial and error. But Isaac brings so much joy! I just love watching him learn and grow. He's starting to smile and react to his surroundings. Here's a short video I took the other day...



...what more could I ask for??? :) I enjoy each and every day I get to spend with him.
Well, that's all I've got time for today. I'm going to try to keep up with this! I wish you all well!!! Have a great Sabbath Day!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

How big is Isaac now? He's so adorable! I also like the update on how you guys met.

Lauren Ringo said...

Thanks, Lauren!
I don't know exactly how big he is now, but he's definitely growing!!! And he gets chubbier and cuter by the day! :)
Your little guy is adorable too! I just love all the pictures you've taken!